Considerate Constructors Scheme
Considerate constructors seek to improve the image of the construction industry by striving to promote and achieve best practice under this Code. They will:
Care about Appearance
Constructors should ensure sites appear professional and well managed
- Ensuring that the external appearance of sites enhances the image of the industry.
- Being organized, clean and tidy.
- Enhancing the appearance of facilities, stored materials, vehicles and plant.
- Raising the image of the workforce by their appearance.
Respect the Community
Constructors should give utmost consideration to their impact on neighbors and the public
Informing, respecting and showing courtesy to those affected by the work.
- Minimizing the impact of deliveries, parking and work on the public highway.
- Contributing to and supporting the local community and economy.
- Working to create a positive and enduring impression, and promoting the Code.
Protect the Environment
Constructors should protect and enhance the environment
- Identifying, managing and promoting environmental issues.
- Seeking sustainable solutions, and minimizing waste, the carbon footprint and resources.
- Minimizing the impact of vibration, and air, light and noise pollution.
- Protecting the ecology, the landscape, wildlife, vegetation and water courses.
Secure everyone’s Safety
Constructors should attain the highest levels of safety performance
- Having systems that care for the safety of the public, visitors and the workforce.
- Minimizing security risks to neighbors.
- Having initiatives for continuous safety improvement.
- Embedding attitudes and behaviors that enhance safety performance.
Value their Workforce
Constructors should provide a supportive and caring working environment
- Providing a workplace where everyone is respected, treated fairly, encouraged and supported.
- Identifying personal development needs and promoting training.
- Caring for the health and wellbeing of the workforce.
- Providing and maintaining high standards of welfare.